Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, these are the ramblings and musings of an (upper) middle aged biker and if you enjoy braais, (barbeques) beers and motorbikes then hopefully you will enjoy what Janet and I do; we do lots of braais, we drink lots of beer and we tour South Africa on our motorbike, which at the moment is a BMW R1200RT. Join us, read about what we do and please leave us your comments.



Saturday, April 4, 2020

Day 9 of 21 days in quarantine

Going back briefly to day 8; our Club President, Anton called for a "Virtual drink together" at 18h00, we were to take a selfie of ourselves drinking a shooter and post the photos to our facebook page. It turned out to be a wonderfully uplifting experience. I have mentioned that I have been missing my mates, my club brothers and this was just what I needed, it wasn't quite the same as being in their company playing pool and talking shit or riding with them but it affirmed the brotherhood and the camaraderie upon which I thrive. These are the photos that were posted;
Pres Anton and 1st lady Rinette
Kathy and Sampie














Laureen and Vice Murray
Prospects Gilbert and Roleyn













Sooi and Linicia

Janet and myself












Stefanie and Henrico

Antoinette and Willie











Bev and Road Captain Daan
Metjie and Adrie














KTM and Stephen
Heine and Gerda









Johan aka Koos aka Cactus Jack

Most of the members are shown here, some couldn't take part for various reasons such as Uncle Frank who is so technologically challenged that his old Nokia phone is only good for calls and sms and he won't change it. We are assured that he had a shooter at the prescribed time though. Great people.

Now back to today, Saturday 4th and Cimeron Mcc called for a National Bikers Braai Day so Janet and I took part - as I said; having a braai anytime is no hardship.











We had our colours on as requested at the start but it was too hot to keep them on, just for these pictures and then we took them off. "Ons gaan nou braai!"












I started with marinated baby chicken on low heat, gotta cook them right through, nobody likes their chicken medium rare. I built the heat up after a while to brown them nicely on the outside.












The chicken goes into the aluminium (aloominum for my American friends) pan to rest and finish cooking while I built the heat up for Karoo lamb chops.

Karoo lamb chops
Veranda furniture's been sold












The lamb chops have to be done properly with the fat nice and crispy, meanwhile Janet got the sides ready and we had a very good braai lunch. I didn't have any boerewors unfortunately so that has gone on the list for my excursion next week, a braai is not considered a proper braai without "boerie" but it was damn good even if I do say so myself.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Man the food looks very nice but we still need a to have a balanced food and freedom... Enjoy

the rider said...

I agree there friend, I enjoy my food, I love a braai but freedom would be great!