Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, these are the ramblings and musings of an (upper) middle aged biker and if you enjoy braais, (barbeques) beers and motorbikes then hopefully you will enjoy what Janet and I do; we do lots of braais, we drink lots of beer and we tour South Africa on our motorbike, which at the moment is a BMW R1200RT. Join us, read about what we do and please leave us your comments.



Friday, April 3, 2020

Day 8 of 21 days in quarantine

Apologies for not posting on day 6 and day 7 but there was really nothing to write about. It's getting a bit boring. I posted this on my facebook page this morning;

~"It's day 8 and I have a bit of cabin fever, it wouldn't be so bad if the weather was terrible but it's not, it's beautiful and my motorbike is standing idle, covered up. I would love to ride.
Today I would be going to the Phoenix bar to play pool with my mates in the afternoon and Sunday would have been our monthly breakfast run. Truth be told I am missing the company of other men, don't misunderstand me Janet and I get along very well, we do not fight or argue and we do talk shit quite often but the banter and bullshit that goes on between men is something different.
13 days to go! (Hopefully, what if they extend the lockdown?)"~

I got a lot of sympathetic likes and comments, it seems the guys are feeling it. This is unprecedented, being retired I do stay at home a lot but up until now I have been able to go out when I wanted to. Now we're being forced to stay at home and I don't like it. It's not only me though, it's affecting my brothers too, just look at these pictures that came up on facebook this morning;
Club Pres Anton caught doing housework
While V.P. Murray was out riding
 We have a "Biker's National Braai Day" tomorrow which we're all going to get involved in, this was suggested on one of the biker pages; have a braai at home at lunch time and post pictures of yourselves wearing your colours. It'll be fun and we don't need much of an excuse to have a braai anyway.

I'm probably going to have to venture out sometime during the coming week, out into the virus infested badlands. I will take my life in my hands in order to secure much needed supplies for our survival. It's going to be hell but it has to be done.
High tech PPE consists of a mask made out of one of Janet's shoulder pads with a panty liner stuck on the inside, and no it's not going to stick to my moustache! Wish me luck. Stay safe.

No comments: