Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, these are the ramblings and musings of an (upper) middle aged biker and if you enjoy braais, (barbeques) beers and motorbikes then hopefully you will enjoy what Janet and I do; we do lots of braais, we drink lots of beer and we tour South Africa on our motorbike, which at the moment is a BMW R1200RT. Join us, read about what we do and please leave us your comments.



Sunday, April 12, 2020

Day 17 of 35 days in quarantine

The quarantine period has been extended until the end of April, so far. So now we have eighteen days to go instead of three. I was expecting it, I did not think the original three weeks would be enough but it is getting tiresome and during the course of this coming week we are going to run out of booze! That's going to be serious, we can go to the shops to buy food and essentials but bottle stores remain closed. Cigarettes are also not being sold, I fail to see the logic in this, if people have to stay home let them be calm and happy! We'll manage I suppose, at least we don't smoke.

We have another problem coming up though, we are/were in the middle of making arrangements to emigrate to the UK, our house has been sold although the sale has not gone through yet we were supposed to have been out of the house at the end of April, I have delayed this until the end of May now to give us time to sell our stuff, we can't do anything until people are able to move around. I don't know what's going to happen if this lockdown is extended further. Oh well it's out of our hands, we'll just have to wait and see.

The Meeulanders President called for another check in to make sure that we are all good so we dutifully stood in front of the camera again, I am really going to miss these people and the way things are going I am now wondering if I'll be able to ride with them again. My club brother Murray is buying my bike and he's going to want it soon, I really hope to get a ride or two in during May before handing it over.
Pres. Anto and Rinette
Sampie and Kathy














Roleyn and Gilbert
Jeanre' and Jannie











Antoinette and Willie
Laureen and Murray











Linicia and Sooi
Stephen














Stefanie and Henrico
Us














Heine and Gerda

Cheers my family, all good so far. It seems like ages since we have been together. We need to ride! I need to go shopping again this week so I will go up to the Mall on the bike, it's not very far, about ten kms so a twenty km round trip - looking forward to that!

Stay safe everyone, stay home as far as possible and keep washing your hands. Strange times we are living through at the moment and one wonders what the world will be like when we come out of this, what social habits will change, we'll see.

No comments: