Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, these are the ramblings and musings of an (upper) middle aged biker and if you enjoy braais, (barbeques) beers and motorbikes then hopefully you will enjoy what Janet and I do; we do lots of braais, we drink lots of beer and we tour South Africa on our motorbike, which at the moment is a BMW R1200RT. Join us, read about what we do and please leave us your comments.



Sunday, March 29, 2020

Day 3 of 21 days in quarantine

It has been a quiet day, we had a good lunch; roast pork belly with gravy, mash and peas and there's a lot leftover for another couple of meals. I'm going to put on weight that's for sure.

I'm worried my wine is not going to last. I also doubt that 21 days will be enough to "flatten the curve", I fear that the lockdown will be extended. They will have to open the bottle stores to let us re stock otherwise there will be big trouble. I haven't been out of the house yet and I don't plan to go unless it's absolutely necessary, from news items it seems like there's a large part of the population that is not taking this lockdown seriously, whether from bravado, ignorance or socio-economic circumstance it is bound to have a negative effect.

It's difficult to grasp the enormity of this pandemic, the whole planet is affected. Italy will apparently lose fifty percent of its population and no matter how we come out of this THE WORLD WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN.  We could die from this.


I try not to be negative, I pray for my family and my friends and I eagerly await a return to normalcy. This is a bit of a negative post, let's see how it goes tomorrow. Stay safe, take care because we care.

No comments: