Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, these are the ramblings and musings of an (upper) middle aged biker and if you enjoy braais, (barbeques) beers and motorbikes then hopefully you will enjoy what Janet and I do; we do lots of braais, we drink lots of beer and we tour South Africa on our motorbike, which at the moment is a BMW R1200RT. Join us, read about what we do and please leave us your comments.



Friday, October 4, 2019

Stuffed, rolled lamb rib - not a braai but goes with beer

I know this is supposed to be about braais but in that sense it is still a food related blog and this meal may well benefit from flame so perhaps that's how I'll do it next time, all meat benefits from flame but bear with me it was good food.
I got a nice little piece of lamb rib, expensive but what the heck it was a once-off treat. I then carefully cut the rib bones and the cartilage out, a bit finicky but nowhere near as difficult as I thought it was going to be.
Season with your favourite rub, I used a lemon and black pepper.











We then made a stuffing out of chopped mushrooms, chopped pepper dews, olive paste, feta cheese and garlic and packed it onto the meat, then came the difficult part; rolling it up and tying it but we managed without making too much of a mess.
Then into the oven at 180 for one hour, it weighed just on one kilo. Next time I will do it at 200 degrees for an hour to firm it up more. It was cooked but could have been crispier.

A simple meal with garlic potatoes and gem squash, delicious. The most expensive part was the lamb which cost R94 but it actually made three meals so not too bad. I'll certainly do it again.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lekker man lekker

the rider said...

I don't know who you are man but thanks for your comment.