Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, these are the ramblings and musings of an (upper) middle aged biker and if you enjoy braais, (barbeques) beers and motorbikes then hopefully you will enjoy what Janet and I do; we do lots of braais, we drink lots of beer and we tour South Africa on our motorbike, which at the moment is a BMW R1200RT. Join us, read about what we do and please leave us your comments.



Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Biker family party at our place

There was no breakfast run scheduled for the first Sunday in December so we put out an invite for our club members to come to a cheese and wine brunch at our house, our last function for a couple of months to wish everyone all the best for the festive season.
We were not really sure how many would pitch up as we had had the year end function on the Thursday and some went to Monica's birthday party on the Saturday but bikers are a hardy lot and when there's a party involved they're in! 
Twenty two arrived and a really good impromptu party ensued that lasted well into the afternoon.


Our entertainment area was pretty crowded but that's what we like and luckily it was a nice day so the outside area could also be used.










Having been in the aquaculture industry in Saldanha for so long I have contacts and am able to get fresh produce whenever I want, so it was that I had decided to serve up fresh oysters and mussels for everyone;


These oysters come from my friend Kevin's farm and they were delicious, if you're up this way and want to buy some let me know and I'll give you his number.


Young Elsje wasn't sure that she was going to eat oysters, not having had them before but to her credit she gave it a try and actually came back for more.


The mob made short work of the oysters after which I brought out steamed fresh mussels which I had collected from Blue Ocean Mussels, my old work place. They also went down incredibly well.


People relaxed and chatted and finished off with a selection of cheeses, olives, pate' and biscuits washed down with the libation of their choice, it was a lovely day and good to be with my people, I'm going to miss them all for the three months that we are away.
Next Saturday we are going to a different function, a lamb spit braai in Capetown held by my old regiment, the BSAPolice and I will certainly write about that one.
Don't forget to click on the pictures to see them full size and also to vote for this blog by clicking on the "vote" button on the top right of the page if you feel so inclined. Cheers for now.

2 comments:

Trobairitz said...

That was a good party for you to host before you head out for the holidays.

We were thinking on you on Sunday - we set up the Team Oregon motorcycle safety booth at the tory run in Albany at 8:30 in the morning and it was 39˚F (3.8˚C) Over 200 bikers showed up for the event in the cold. I was thinking how lucky you are to have a warm toy run!!

http://democratherald.com/albany/video-santa-in-the-sidecar/youtube_0d934963-4150-5952-a7f3-6ec537498f2c.html

the rider said...

So good to know that you were thinking about me all the way over there in Oregon USA! You are a dedicated bunch to have a toy run in that weather, well done indeed. You've heard me say it before; Bikers ROCK!