Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, these are the ramblings and musings of an (upper) middle aged biker and if you enjoy braais, (barbeques) beers and motorbikes then hopefully you will enjoy what Janet and I do; we do lots of braais, we drink lots of beer and we tour South Africa on our motorbike, which at the moment is a BMW R1200RT. Join us, read about what we do and please leave us your comments.



Monday, December 16, 2019

2019 drawing to a close

The year is rapidly drawing to a close, eight days to Christmas and two weeks until the end of the year. It has been a good year, a busy year as far as the bike club is concerned and we have done a fair amount of riding. I am however seriously thinking about a bit of a bike trip sometime in the new year, nothing serious but maybe just a week out on the road, we haven't done a trip in a long time now.

During the year I completed three years as a pensioner and I am still loving it, as one of my buddies said; ~"If I had known how good retired life was going to be I'd have done it after school."~ I agree with him wholeheartedly. 

I have just had my bike serviced, she's now nearly fourteen years old and has nearly 137,000 km on the clock and still running beautifully. There are a few scratches here and there, nothing serious but they are my scratches on my motorbike so I'm not worried about them, anyway it is a rider's bike and not a showpiece. Rayno, the mechanic said that she's in excellent condition and if she were his he would never sell, my sentiments exactly.
I've just been notified that I should enter my blog for the annual SA Blog awards again but I'm not going to bother with that this year, this blog is not good enough for any awards. Last year I wrote to them after the awards just to find out where I had come, how many votes I had received, was I tenth or one hundredth but they never replied so it must have been pretty bad. I'm pretty much just carrying on with it out of habit now.
 
Janet and I are doing a last trip out to Cool Kidz safe home in Lambert's Bay next week to take them some more goodies that have been donated by kind hearted people. A little bit of Christmas cheer for the children and some of the special food formula that they have to eat.

If I don't post again before Christmas here's wishing you an extremely happy Christmas and all of the very best for the new year, may it be another good one. Keep safe out there there's a lot of damn foolish motorists!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Enjoy your blog keep going .Gilbert & Roleyn

the rider said...

Thanks Gilbert and Roleyn, I appreciate that.