Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, these are the ramblings and musings of an (upper) middle aged biker and if you enjoy braais, (barbeques) beers and motorbikes then hopefully you will enjoy what Janet and I do; we do lots of braais, we drink lots of beer and we tour South Africa on our motorbike, which at the moment is a BMW R1200RT. Join us, read about what we do and please leave us your comments.



Sunday, March 9, 2014

A lovely K1200S


This very nice looking K1200S was parked outside the pub on Friday afternoon when I went to play pool, I met the owner inside, I'm afraid I don't recall his name right now but I had seen him around before. I wish him many happy miles on that lovely machine.
Janet and I went for a local cruise on Saturday morning just to blow the cobwebs out of the zorst pipe, it was a really nice early ride through to Velddrif then a blast down the R27 to the Langebaan turnoff and then over the bypass road and around the bay back to Saldanha. Not a very long ride but just enough to get it out of my system. Today the wind is pumping out of the south so I think we'll go to lunch in Chevy, I'll tell you about the restaurant later though if you're interested.
Two weeks time we are off to the Buffalo Rally in Mossel Bay again, looking forward to that big time! The dates have been very sensibly changed to include Friday 21st which is a public holiday and whilst many of the guys will be going through on Thursday morning, Frank and I will leave at sparrows on Friday - two nights at the rally is enough for me, my liver couldn't handle three nights!
Many friends are going to this iconic rally so I'm looking forward to meeting and greeting them, several I only get to see once a year but the brotherhood is strong - you can bet I'll tell you all about it.

No comments: