Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, these are the ramblings and musings of an (upper) middle aged biker and if you enjoy braais, (barbeques) beers and motorbikes then hopefully you will enjoy what Janet and I do; we do lots of braais, we drink lots of beer and we tour South Africa on our motorbike, which at the moment is a BMW R1200RT. Join us, read about what we do and please leave us your comments.



Tuesday, March 12, 2013

My son's debut novel

I told you about this most important novel a little while ago and whilst it has absolutely nothing to do with either braais, beers or bikes I thought stuff it, this is my blog so I'm going to use it to promote this book.
Let me start by saying that this is the first novel that I have read in many years, I am not a reader of novels, I prefer documentaries or history, travel etc., but obviously I had to read this one.
Simon builds his characters and his plot in a thoroughly believable way, I was very surprised by the way he led me through the day to day routines and difficulties experienced by his various characters and whilst reading I found myself saying things like "No come on Simon, don't let this one get hurt please."
His bad guys are bad, his good guys are good but with their quirks, the ladies are sexy and the ending is edge of the seat stuff, I must confess that I read this book in small sections but by the time I got to the end I could not put it down, for a first novel this is bloody good reading and follow-ups can only get better.
This book is available on www.amazon.com, if only a few of you buy a copy it will make a huge difference, I urge you to buy it, you won't be sorry I promise you.

No comments: