Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, these are the ramblings and musings of an (upper) middle aged biker and if you enjoy braais, (barbeques) beers and motorbikes then hopefully you will enjoy what Janet and I do; we do lots of braais, we drink lots of beer and we tour South Africa on our motorbike, which at the moment is a BMW R1200RT. Join us, read about what we do and please leave us your comments.



Monday, December 31, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

As 2012 draws to a close and we look forward to all of the riding that we will do in 2013 I would like to take this opportunity to wish all of you who bother to read my blog an absolutely wonderful celebration, a happy and successful new year and may the best of the past year be the worst of the new one.
I'm not one for "New Year Resolutions" but I do intend to do much more riding and writing this coming year. We have been talking about the possibility of upgrading the bike during the second half of January, the conversation developed whilst we were relaxing in the spa bath, where all of our good conversations start, and continued from my question; "Do you think it's time that we bought a car?"
We don't own a car, haven't had one since about mid 2000 when I sold my V6 3litre Ford Sierra, we have a company pick-up which called a "bakkie" here that we use for local trips but the majority of our travelling is done on the motorbike, which to us is infintely preferable.
We were both pretty unenthusiastic about buying a car, I'm not a car person and the conversation turned to upgrading the motorbike for the last time, this was exciting! The upshot of this is that in the second half of the month we are going to visit the dealerships to look at getting a new RT, I have looked at the 1600GT but I think I would prefer a newer model R1200RT, so we're going to test ride.
We are on holiday with our family now, all of whom are on a three week visit from the UK, so there won't be many blog posts from me during the first part of the month but I will let you know what happens with the new bike.
Stay safe, ride sober and keep the rubber side down.

No comments: