Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, these are the ramblings and musings of an (upper) middle aged biker and if you enjoy braais, (barbeques) beers and motorbikes then hopefully you will enjoy what Janet and I do; we do lots of braais, we drink lots of beer and we tour South Africa on our motorbike, which at the moment is a BMW R1200RT. Join us, read about what we do and please leave us your comments.



Friday, August 28, 2009

Bikers Rock!

It's Saturday morning and the beer I had for breakfast tasted good so I had one more for dessert, according to Mr Kristofferson that should have been Sunday morning but what the hell? According to the weather bureau (which is a non-prophet organisation!) it's going to be mild and dry for the whole weekend so we are going down to Capetown on the bike, we have been invited to have oxtail and stay over with Linda. What's with all of the oxtail we have been eating lately? Have the oxen been shedding tails, or maybe South African scientists have finally found out how to make them grow more than one, how good would that be? They would be much more efficient at keeping flies off themselves and then oxtail would be more readily available and hence not as expensive.
I'm now looking forward to the ride, we are going to stop for a breakfast on the way because it's going to be a late lunch and there's rugby this afternoon. I offered to make the "Sadza" this afternoon for the pot so I must take my sadza spoon with me. For those of you not in the know, sadza is a traditional African meillie meal accompaniment to a meat and gravy pot, I learnt to make it watching the black guys in Rhodesia and eating it with them. It is made into a stiff texture which you then pick up with your fingers and roll into a ball, this is then dipped into the gravy. If you get it right it doesn't stick to your hands, I will put some photos in my next post. I have my own wooden spoon which comes from Rhodesia and is only used for making sadza!
Here are some interesting biker photos which were sent to me by my buddy Rene';
Doesn't she look so damn cute? Don't drop that precious cargo Bro! I don't know where the photos were taken, the only clue is that they are on the wrong side of the road, good biker stuff that you see at bike rallies but not so often out on the street.
I've said it before and I'll say it again; Bikers rock!

No comments: