Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, these are the ramblings and musings of an (upper) middle aged biker and if you enjoy braais, (barbeques) beers and motorbikes then hopefully you will enjoy what Janet and I do; we do lots of braais, we drink lots of beer and we tour South Africa on our motorbike, which at the moment is a BMW R1200RT. Join us, read about what we do and please leave us your comments.



Sunday, May 31, 2009

Such a good day

The day started off with a spa bath and a bottle of JC Le Roux sparkling wine and for once there was no argument about who had the most wine, the "lady" (and I use the term loosely) accepted whatever I poured with no argument. This actually puts me at a disadvantage because I immediately become suspicious, am I actually getting less than her? I check again to make sure. No, it looks alright, she leans back with a smug smile and I get worried, what am I missing here?
By the time we have finished the bottle I feel quite sure that it has been evenly distributed and anyway by then we are feeling pretty laid back, but I can't relax too much because there is always next weekend. It's a tough life!
Janet went through to the bedroom to do whatever it is that women do to make themselves beautiful and I knew that I had a good hour or two before she would come through.
I put my AC/DC music on, now this really moves me, I love the intensity and the guitar riffs and the "violence" of the lead singer and I was doing some air guitar moves in the lounge and after a while I went through to the bedroom and asked Janet what she thought.
I was mortified when she said "It must be AC/DC because it's shit, I was going to close the door."
I need to sit down here for a while!
We had lunch at Beira Mar, there were six of us; Div and Sue, Frank and Dianne and us with Don and Connie joining us after they had fed everyone, what a great afternoon we had and we have arranged that all the same people are going to come to our place on Friday 12th for a farewell to Don and Connie before they go off overseas for three months. Should be a gas and we'll let you know.
I helped Don start his blog and you need to check it out, let's hope he gets it started; www.beiramarrestaurant.blogspot.com

No comments: