Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, these are the ramblings and musings of an (upper) middle aged biker and if you enjoy braais, (barbeques) beers and motorbikes then hopefully you will enjoy what Janet and I do; we do lots of braais, we drink lots of beer and we tour South Africa on our motorbike, which at the moment is a BMW R1200RT. Join us, read about what we do and please leave us your comments.



Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Thanks my friends

I logged on today and my pageviews  showed the magical number 99,999! It was just a little while ago that I happened to logon at 77,777. Quite a coincidence me thinks. 
I have been  writing this since June 2008, coming up to five years and I really have enjoyed it. I have managed, through this blog, to make quite a lot of friends in a lot of countries - 165 countries to be exact and although I don't get many comments on my blog posts I know that people are reading what I write now and then. It is an enjoyable hobby and it enables me to read what like-minded people in other countries do, I read blogs published by bikers in America, England, Australia, New Zealand and Canada to name but a few.
I hope that you stay with me, I will try to make my posts interesting and if you contact me I will read your blogs too.
Thank you for being with me over the past five years.
Yours in biking - Andrew Wood

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done Andrew - I always enjoy reading your adventures, cooking etc
Ride safe
Dick

the rider said...

Thanks Dick, glad you're still reading it, my bike's ready so I'm hoping to collect on Saturday - just waiting for them to email the invoice!