Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, these are the ramblings and musings of an (upper) middle aged biker and if you enjoy braais, (barbeques) beers and motorbikes then hopefully you will enjoy what Janet and I do; we do lots of braais, we drink lots of beer and we tour South Africa on our motorbike, which at the moment is a BMW R1200RT. Join us, read about what we do and please leave us your comments.



Sunday, December 20, 2009

It's Summertime!

It has been a beautiful weekend, a bit windy yesterday but today was fantastic and my intention was to go for a ride and a lunch somewhere but for some reason, and it was while Janet was getting into her bike gear I said; "Why don't we just stay here today and have a braai?" The look on her face was one of sheer happiness! "Yes!" she exclaimed, climbing into her comfy pants "What a good idea." I had no time to change my mind as she quickly cracked a beer and settled into her swing sofa on the back veranda.
"Marinated spare ribs and spatch-cock chicken ok for you Madam?" I asked as I cracked my own beer and stacked the braai, "Bring it on boy, I'm hungry!" she replied.
I was hungry as well so I got the fire going and prepared the ribs as a starter, it didn't take too long to cook them over good hot coals and I then sliced them up into tasty chunks. In the meantime I built the fire up again and we relaxed in the sun with our cold beers and spare rib tasties.

The spare ribs took the hunger pains away and there was no immediate rush for the chicken, Janet prepared some garlic potatoes and we cracked another beer, damn it was good!

Any doubts I may have had about staying home instead of going for a ride were certainly cancelled out by the lunch we had, I don't think we would have had a better meal in any restaurant.

Somebody had one of those "Oh Shit!" moments in the bay this past week, this was the sight that greeted me as I was driving down past the two hotels on Friday.Not a nice thing to see, I know the owner of the boat but I haven't spoken to him lately so I don't know what happened, probably a broken mooring though. That's one of the ever present dangers of owning a yacht and one of the reasons why I have never bought one, I have done plenty of sailing as crew member on various yachts and have really enjoyed racing but I have never wanted to own one, way too much maintenance involved - I'll stick to biking.

Talking about which; do you think this babe rides this beast? I have my doubts, she looks way too petite to handle that monster, look at the size of that back tyre! And it looks like there's a whole bunch of nitrous bottles on the back too, scary stuff!

The FA Cup pool competition has suffered a bit of late, I wasn't able to meet Frank on Friday afternoon due to pressure of work and the last opportunity that we may have for 2009 will be on Thursday afternoon, Christmas Eve if I can get finished in time. After that my family will be here with us for three weeks and I will be playing against my Son-in-law who takes no prisoners, I need all the practise I can get!

No comments: