Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, these are the ramblings and musings of an (upper) middle aged biker and if you enjoy braais, (barbeques) beers and motorbikes then hopefully you will enjoy what Janet and I do; we do lots of braais, we drink lots of beer and we tour South Africa on our motorbike, which at the moment is a BMW R1200RT. Join us, read about what we do and please leave us your comments.



Saturday, October 3, 2009

Random musings

It's been a very difficult couple of weeks! I have been seriously busy at work and the weather has been bloody lousy, this may be a thing of the past now, I mean the weather because we are coming into summer so work is going to get worse as more and more people start to eat mussels and oysters at the restaurants, but at least I may be able to do more riding. Today was like a summer day and as the big red machine was seriously dirty after the last ride I decided to give her a good wash, it's amazing how much of a mess the insects make on the bike when you ride during the spring - takes bloody ages to get it clean!I was alone at home so I was able to put some heavy metal on good and loud and I had a beer while I did my work, I was pleased to see that my new tire does not have a "Chicken strip" on it, we did some good cornering on the Sutherland run and there's wear on both sides.By the time I put her back in the garage she was looking fantastic again, there's a breakfast run tomorrow to Tulbach in the winelands so at least we start off looking good! I'm looking forward to that and I'll tell you all about it.
Linda came up for the weekend and we went to our favourite restaurant, "Beira Mar" in Saint Helena Bay for lunch and what a wonderful lunch it was;
I had a fresh Yellowtail cutlet with chips, salad and a lovely garlic/butter sauce and if the guys have trouble with my breath tomorrow that's their problem, not mine. We had a very enjoyable lunch and a chat with the owners, our friends Don and Connie and then it was time to go. I suggested to Janet that maybe we should stop at the biker bar in Saldanha to show Linda and what did they do? They didn't protest, they just sorted out their make-up!
It has been a good weekend so far, and there's more to come. Keep the shiny side up and to quote from something I heard on the radio the other day; "You'll never see a motorbike parked outside a psychiatrist's office."

No comments: