Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, these are the ramblings and musings of an (upper) middle aged biker and if you enjoy braais, (barbeques) beers and motorbikes then hopefully you will enjoy what Janet and I do; we do lots of braais, we drink lots of beer and we tour South Africa on our motorbike, which at the moment is a BMW R1200RT. Join us, read about what we do and please leave us your comments.



Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year's Day - started off right

Good grief it's 2015! What the hell happened? I'll be 66 this year, I can't believe it. Anyway it has been a great ride and if this year is anywhere near as good as the last one was then bring it on!
In keeping with the theme of this blog I'm going to write about our first braai for the year which took place today, just the two of us here,
I normally like to braai for a few more people but we didn't feel like going anywhere today, work for both of us has been really hectic so a relaxing day at home seemed like the right idea. It turned out to be a good one. I put on one of my braai hats and got busy.
Start the year off the way you want it to continue; the braai, the beer and the bike's parked out front. It was a lovely day today, hot and calm, perfect for a braai and a day at home.
Pork loin chops, potatoes and a good local boerewors, really guys, what could be better?
There's the plate, the potato was delicious, I haven't done them like that before, I saw my friend Rory doing them on the grid and gave it a try - pretty much doing them like that from now on!
I've got a ride planned for a couple of weeks time, I'm going to ride through to Plettenberg Bay to visit one of my sisters, Janet's got to go to Durban on business and I'm due a couple of days off. That's about 650k's from here so it's a good ride along the Garden Route, I'll tell you all about it you can count on that!
All of the very best to all of you for 2015, may the best of the past be the worst of the future, stay safe.

4 comments:

Trobairitz said...

Nothing wrong hanging out just the two of you. Peace and quiet can do the heart good.

Happy New Year and all the best in 2015 to you and the misses.

the rider said...

Yes Brandy it was a nice peaceful day, I needed to relax after the hectic work load of the past three days.

A very Happy New Year to you both, may it be a spectacularly good one.

Michael said...

man that sausage looks good. We don't get boerewors here.(some butchers have tried too but does not taste the same here in the states).
Happy new year and keep up the excellent blog

the rider said...

thank you very much for those encouraging words Michael and a Happy New Year to you too.