Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, these are the ramblings and musings of an (upper) middle aged biker and if you enjoy braais, (barbeques) beers and motorbikes then hopefully you will enjoy what Janet and I do; we do lots of braais, we drink lots of beer and we tour South Africa on our motorbike, which at the moment is a BMW R1200RT. Join us, read about what we do and please leave us your comments.



Monday, November 28, 2011

Which restaurant is it?

This was the view from our table at our favourite restaurant where we had lunch on Saturday. I say it is my favourite because although there are a lot of really great restaurants in the Saldanha/Langebaan and Paternoster/Velddrif areas, indeed pretty much the whole western cape area where we live, we are friends with Don and Connie and it is always a pleasure to go there.
So, here is the question - and there is no prize for the correct answer, except maybe bragging rights; what restaurant is featured here? Clue; it has been featured before in this blog.
This is another clue because this is the starter that I usually have; Portuguese sardines, absolutely delicious with pan-fried onions and peppers.
My main course was a seafood medley, with prawns, in a creamy chili sauce with rice which I found absolutely delicious and Janet opted for Portuguese baby chicken;
normally served with chips, Janet asked for mashed potatoes, no trouble to our restaurateurs they produced the most delicious mash to accompany Janet's peri-peri chicken, and I can vouch for it because I had the left-overs in my work lunch box today (Monday.)
We sat and relaxed after our meal chatting with Don while a little duckle wandered around our table, a future menu item perhaps?
 Ok what restaurant is it? The answer will appear in the comments section I hope, and if you Capetown or western cape people haven't been there yet then bad luch you're having! We have booked for our Christmas buffet lunch there with Frank and friends so that should be good.
Next write up is the toy run in Capetown which was the next day, stay with me friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like beira mar to me. Very good food too.

Your pool nemesis!

the rider said...

Well done, bragging rights go to you - your snooker nemesis!