Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, these are the ramblings and musings of an (upper) middle aged biker and if you enjoy braais, (barbeques) beers and motorbikes then hopefully you will enjoy what Janet and I do; we do lots of braais, we drink lots of beer and we tour South Africa on our motorbike, which at the moment is a BMW R1200RT. Join us, read about what we do and please leave us your comments.



Thursday, March 18, 2010

Buffalo Rally weekend

This time last year I was at the Buffalo rally in Mossel Bay with my buds, (note to self; next time someone points a camera at you try to pull your stomach in a bit!) well not quite this time, but this coming weekend.
Frank and the boys left this morning, they met at 0730 intending to leave at 0800 but if I know them, and I do, they would have stood around drinking coffee and kicking tyres for about an hour before getting side stands up!
I am jealous, even though it was my choice not to go with them and I have been picturing the trip all day, imagining where they are and seeing the road in my mind's eye. It's a lovely long ride, depending on the route about 500kms so you're good and tired by the time you arrive at the campsite and the temptation to go and have a beer and leave the tent until later is strong.
The Thursday night party is good, not too many people arrive on the Thursday so it's a small crowd with most pulling in during Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. By Saturday afternoon the site is crowded, I hope the guys and girls enjoy themselves and all come home safely.
Obviously there will be no FA cup pool competition this week, Frank beat me 4-3 last Friday! We played good close games and had a couple of beers at the Phoenix, a pleasant afternoon. We will take a ride over there on Sunday afternoon to meet up with the guys coming back from the rally and Monday is a public holiday here in SA so I'm sure Janet and I will go for a ride somewhere.
The Phoenix bar is going to be pretty quiet this weekend, I'm sure!
Looking forward to the Swallow's rally next weekend, which reminds me; I still haven't aired out my tent after packing it away wet last time!

No comments: