Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, these are the ramblings and musings of an (upper) middle aged biker and if you enjoy braais, (barbeques) beers and motorbikes then hopefully you will enjoy what Janet and I do; we do lots of braais, we drink lots of beer and we tour South Africa on our motorbike, which at the moment is a BMW R1200RT. Join us, read about what we do and please leave us your comments.



Monday, August 13, 2018

Our favourite biker bar celebrates another year

 I arrived at the Phoenix bar at about 16h30 on Saturday afternoon to help celebrate another anniversary of this fine establishment but it was plain to see that people had been jolling all afternoon already. The place was packed! Motorcycles lined up on both sides of the parking area and cars an bakkies lining the street outside. A lot of people had ridden up from Capetown for the party, some of whom had even arrived on the Friday afternoon.
There were two food vans and a couple of other stalls selling biker gear and accessories, the crowd was festive. I parked my bike and wandered over to the bar, meeting and greeting friends along the way, my priority was to get a beer in hand and then have a look around at the stalls.
We've been frequenting this pub for four or five years now and I play pool here every Friday afternoon, it's the kind of place where a biker feels at home, it's not restricted to bikers but most of the patrons are bikers and we know almost everyone who walks in.
I was immediately approached by "Charlie" a pretty "shooter girl" who poured a spicy concoction made by Anna into my throat, that got me started and we made sure that Murray and Frank got the same treatment. I'm thinking one of the ingredients was tabasco sauce, lots of it!








Here she is with Eduardo and Dan
As one would expect the bar did a roaring trade

Uncle Frank chats with Alex
Yeah, you too!










It was a cold night so they made a big bonfire outside
It was great to see Henrico and Stefanie there
 A lot of people were camping over for the night, they had erected tents on the grass area out front and some, possibly the more sensible ones had put their tents inside the sheds. I had decided that I was either going to go home fairly early or if not I would put my tent up and sleep over but as it was I left just after 20h30 and had a refreshingly cold ride home, it's only 13 kilometres so I cruised along quietly.
Congratulations to Anna and Eduardo, and here's hoping the Phoenix bar carries on from strength to strength, we would be lost without it.

No comments: