Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, these are the ramblings and musings of an (upper) middle aged biker and if you enjoy braais, (barbeques) beers and motorbikes then hopefully you will enjoy what Janet and I do; we do lots of braais, we drink lots of beer and we tour South Africa on our motorbike, which at the moment is a BMW R1200RT. Join us, read about what we do and please leave us your comments.



Friday, January 28, 2011

Almost time to ride!

It's a glorious day, just a slight breeze to keep things cool and the weather reports are predicting that the rest of the week will be the same.
I am busy packing my camping and rally gear into the bike eagerly anticipating a good ride with friends and a nice weekend rally. I have not been to the "Venom" rally before but it is in a lovely part of the Cape; Kleinmond so it should be interesting.
I am meeting Danny and Frank at the Phoenix at 12h00 then we are riding to Capetown to meet up with another couple of guys and from there it's out on the N2 to Somerset West, Strand and along Clarence Drive through Rooiels, Betty's Bay and then Kleinmond.
This is one of the smaller rallies on the Cape calendar so there should not be too many people there, but I anticipate that there will be many familiar faces from the other local rallies.
It's the journey, not the destination and I'm eager to get going - I will write it up later, stay safe!

3 comments:

Roger said...

Enjoy! Long weekend here in Auckland buy cyclone Wilma is passing over the north of the country, should clear by lunch time so I will also get away and maybe tour the Est Cape. Saty safe, eat lots and dont drink to much........ummm...ignore that last bit!

Trobairitz said...

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your trip. Good luck and have fun.

SonjaM said...

Have a wonderful ride. Looking forward to reading your road reports. Lots of pics please!