I know I was going to tell you about the potjie I did for Rene' and Bronx, it was a good one and I will talk about it later, but I got this via email from Dave and just had to share it;
Here in South Africa (and this could very well apply in other countries - please comment if it does) we are about to enter the braai season, it is therefore important to refresh your memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking activity. When a man volunteers to do the braai, the following chain of events is put into motion after he invites all of his mates;
1) The woman buys the food.
2) She makes the salad, prepares the vegetables and makes dessert.
3) She prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray with the necessary utensils and sauces and takes it to the Man who is lounging beside the grill, beer in hand, talking shit to his mates.
4) She remains outside the compulsory 3 metre exclusion zone, within which the exuberance of testosterone and manly bonding activities can continue without female interference.
Here comes the important part;
5) The Man carefully places the meat on the grill.
6) The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.
7) She comes out to tell the Man that the meat is looking great......he thanks her and asks her if she will bring him another beer while he flips the meat.
Another important part;
8) He takes the meat off the grill and hands it to the woman.
9) She prepares the plates, salad, napkins and sauces and brings them to the table.
10) After everyone has eaten the woman clears the table and does the dishes.
Most important of all;
11) Everyone praises the Man and thanks him for his excellent cooking efforts.
12) He asks her how she enjoyed her time off and, seeing her annoyed reaction concludes, with a shrug of his shoulders, that there's no pleasing some women!
13) He opens another beer which he more than likely had to go and fetch for himself.