Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, these are the ramblings and musings of an (upper) middle aged biker and if you enjoy braais, (barbeques) beers and motorbikes then hopefully you will enjoy what Janet and I do; we do lots of braais, we drink lots of beer and we tour South Africa on our motorbike, which at the moment is a BMW R1200RT. Join us, read about what we do and please leave us your comments.



Thursday, July 30, 2009

Mob mentality

This week has seen a strike by municipal workers throughout the country, they have been striking for better wages and working conditions and we all know that they deserve a better wage, they have been working for a pittance really and they have the right to strike.
The only trouble is they lose all public support and sympathy when they trash the town, in Capetown they emptied garbage on the streets, intimidated non-strikers and damaged property. In Saldanha this was the scene that greeted us after their protest outside the municipal office;This is the main door of the office and now on the second day it is still closed and the mess has not been cleaned up, by the time the wage negotiations have finished the wind will have blown this mess all over the town. Mob mentality! It will be interesting to see what developes.
Actually in general it is an interesting place to live, I mean South Africa not just Saldanha, things are changing all the time and in spite of the corruption and greed that is tainting Government Ministers at the moment I still believe we have the chance to make life better for all South Africans. I certainly hope I am right, I don't want to go anywhere else.

On a lighter note check out this really cool lawnmower, I can see myself working for a golf club or a country club just so that I could ride it all day!I couldn't help posting this picture, I just love it! It came through in an email which claims that it comes from Australia - if it is Australian, "Good on yer mate!" we could do with Todd around here!
Warning; the consumption of alcohol may make you think you can logically converse with members of the opposite sex without spitting.

No comments: